Dentist CE requirements in Arizona?
Triennial Requirements - Dentists and Dental Consultants
Dentists and dental consultants shall complete 63 hours of recognized continuing dental education in each renewal period as follows:
- At least 36 credit hours in any one or more of the following areas: Dental and medical health, preventive services, dental diagnosis and treatment planning, dental recordkeeping, dental clinical procedures, managing medical emergencies, pain management, dental public health, and courses in corrective and restorative oral health and basic dental sciences, which may include current research, new concepts in dentistry, chemical dependency, tobacco cessation, and behavioral and biological sciences that are oriented to dentistry. A Licensee who holds a permit to administer General Anesthesia, Deep Sedation, Parenteral Sedation, or Oral Sedation who is required to obtain continuing education pursuant to Article 13 may apply those credit hours to the requirements of this Section.
- No more than 15 credit hours in one or more of the following areas: Dental practice organization and management, patient management skills, and methods of health care delivery.
- At least 3 credit hours in opioid education.
- At least 3 credit hours in infectious diseases or infectious disease control.
- At least 3 credit hours in cardiopulmonary resuscitation healthcare provider level, advanced cardiac life support or pediatric advanced life support. Coursework may be completed online if the course requires a physical demonstration of skills.
- At least 3 credit hours in ethics or Arizona dental jurisprudence.
- Charitable and Online activities (correspondence course videotape, distance learning course, internet or similar self-study course that provides an examination). Up to 21 credit hours for dentists of the above CE Requirements