Last modified: 03/15/2021
This policy describes the types of information the Arizona Dental Association ("Company
” or "we
") may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website azda.org (our "Website
") or any of our websites, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website or any of our Websites;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website;
- Through any mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website; and
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by a third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or username you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 years of age without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see California’s privacy laws for more information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including, but not limited to, the following information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, ADA number, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information");
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your membership status, level of membership; or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
Information You Provide to Us
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies; and
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material, courses, events, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information in other interactions with our Website and when you report a problem with our Website;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us
- Your responses to surveys or questions that we might ask you to complete;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website; and
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted
") on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions
"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically may only be statistical data, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches; and
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies; and
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, for reasons that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- To present our Website and its contents to you;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription or registration, including expiration and renewal notices;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties' goods, services, and events that may be of interest to you.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. If you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Arizona Dental Association's assets, whether as a growing concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Arizona Dental Association about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- To third parties to market their products, services, or events to you;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- To enforce or apply our terms, conditions, code of conduct, or other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes; and
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Arizona Dental Association, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Emails from the Company. If you do not wish to receive emails from the Company there is an unsubscribe link at the bottom of the Company’s emails.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI
") on the NAI's website. California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see California’s privacy laws for more information.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. A request to delete your personal information may result in deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users. California residents may have personal information rights and choices. Please see California’s privacy laws for more information.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit https://consumercal.org/california-online-privacy-protection-act-caloppa/#sthash.0FdRbT51.dpuf
Information for Non-US Residents