Build personal leadership skills through immersion experiences within organized dentistry. Participants will receive a thorough orientation of the ADA and AzDA volunteer leadership and build strong skills to take into their practice through a blend of group, team, and individual activities.
PROGRAM LENGTH & TIME:
January - September
Graduation/Recognition at HOD
Graduated less than 10 years ago
Accepting up to 12 applicants
(No previous volunteer experience needed)
Applications for the 2023 Leadership Academy are due by December 1, 2022. The Leadership Development Committee will review all Academy candidates and will notify candidates of acceptance status no later than December 31, 2022.
Participants will receive complimentary meeting registrations and travel reimbursements (where applicable) to ensure participating is essentially a no-cost experience.
Lobby Day Bootcamp
(Recommended if you plan to attend Lobby Day at the Arizona Capitol)
January 21, 2023
Lobby Day at the Arizona Capitol
January 25, 2023
Board of Trustees Meeting as a Non-Voting Guest (choose one)
Western Regional Dental Experience Ambassador
April 20-22, 2023
Group Learning Activity focused on Leadership in Organized Dentistry
“Don’t Be Intimidated by the Parliamentary Process”
Dr. Anthony Caputo
Group Learning Activity focused on Leadership Development – leading staff
“Building Strong Leadership Skills”
Dr. Allison House
House of Delegates Meeting (September 2023)
One self-chosen immersion opportunity is below:
Council on Government Affairs
Council on Dental Education
Council on Membership
Council on Dental Benefits and Insurance
Student/New Dentist Committee
Dental Society Board Meeting
In addition to immersion experiences, participants will be provided with leadership education opportunities and supplemental reading materials for additional exposure and growth.
The AzDA LEAD Academy is designed with individual interests in mind, offering a balance of AzDA experiences, networking, and leadership growth. The ability to customize an immersion experience offering ensures a personalized journey that will benefit you professionally and personally.
From the LEAD Academy, you can expect to gain:
- A comprehensive understanding of organized dentistry's offerings, through immersion experiences.
- Valuable leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Up to 18 hours of continuing education by attending the Western Regional Dental Experience as a Speaker Ambassador.
- Exposure and access to thought leaders within organized dentistry and your areas of interest.
- A unique networking opportunity to interact with colleagues with whom you may not otherwise connect.
- A solid foundation for future leadership opportunities within and outside of organized dentistry.
- Recognition at the AzDA House of Delegates.
Following the graduation of the program, AzDA staff will conduct a debrief with each participant to help them navigate current leadership opportunities for continued involvement.