Dentist CE requirements in Arizona?
Triennial Requirements - Dentists and Dental Consultants
Dentists and dental consultants shall complete 72 hours of recognized continuing dental education in each renewal period as follows:
Minimum of 45 hours in dental and medical health, cardiopulmonary resuscitation, preventative services, dental diagnosis and treatment planning, dental clinical procedures, administration of oral sedation, managing medical emergencies in addition to CPR and courses in corrective and restorative oral health and basic dental sciences which may include current research, new concepts in dentistry, and behavioral and biological sciences which are oriented to dentistry.
- No more than 18 hours in dental practice organization and management, patient management skills and methods of health care delivery.
- Minimum of 3 hours in Chemical Dependency which may include Tobacco Cessation.
- Minimum of 3 hours in Infectious Diseases and Infectious Disease Control.
- Minimum of 3 hours in Ethics or Dental Jurisprudence.
- No more than 24 hours in Continuing Education (CE) Self-Instruction and Charitable Activities.
- Charitable and Online activities (correspondence course videotape, distance learning course, internet or similar self-study course that provides an examination). Up to 24 credit hours of the above CE Requirements