Allied Membership in AzDA
Dental hygienists, dental assistants, dental laboratory technicians, and dental business/front office staff employed by active AzDA member dentists are all eligible for an Allied Membership with the Arizona Dental Association (AzDA). Currently there are over 900 Allied AzDA members.
Why Join AzDA?
- Great CE at lower prices! Including the Western Regional Dental Convention, one of the largest dental conventions in the country, and Fall Conference, your opportunity to pick up your CEs while staying at some of the most picturesque Arizona hotels.
- Membership gives you access to AzDA staff to provide you information on a wide variety of topics.
- Free online subscription to Inscriptions, AzDA’s monthly dental journal.
- Opportunities to be a voice for your profession by participating on AzDA Councils
- Access to the members-only portion of the AzDA website
- FREE online CE tracking
- Exclusive member discounts on insurance packages including major medical, life, disability, auto/home, and long term care through AzDA Services.
- AzDA membership mailing labels for $50.00 (a $450.00 savings).
Getting Plugged In: CEs, Networking and Volunteering
Beyond offering CEs, check out all of the different types of activities we offer every year: golf outings, casino night, volunteer outreach, picnics in the park, component meetings, leadership meetings, Dental Day at the Capitol, and more. Check out what we’ve got going on this month, better yet, make plans to join us. Click here to view the AzDA calendar
Give Kids a Smile
Give Kids a Smile is the Arizona Dental Foundation’s most ambitious ongoing
project. In 2000, 10,000 children aged 6-12 received almost $3 million in donated care. AzDA member dentists partner with local schools and community groups throughout the state to identify children whose parents cannot qualify for dental care. In recognition of this American Dental Association's access to care campaign, volunteer dental professionals provide free restorative care consisting of fillings, crowns, extractions and yes, even root canals.
Central Arizona dentists and allied volunteers conduct oral screenings and oral hygiene instruction while earning free CE and warm hugs at Special Smiles every year. The summer Special Olympics program is held the first weekend of May at ASU. Volunteer recruitment begins in February.
Inscriptions, AzDA's Monthly Publication for Arizona Dental Professionals
You do not need to be a professional author to write an article for Inscriptions
. AzDA member dentists and allied members are encouraged to contribute either through an article or a Letter to the Editor; either way, we would love to hear from you. You may also consider writing an article for Inscriptions
if you are:
- An AzDA Services Endorsed Company or Business Affiliate.
- A D3 or D4 Student at ASDOH or Midwestern University.
- An expert in a dental-related field.
- A business/marketing/design expert that works with dental professionals.
Interested in contributing? Carefully read the Contributing to Inscriptions Guidelines, this document covers submitting articles, letters to the editor and clinical papers.
Do you just have an idea for an Inscriptions story?
Click here to suggest an article.